We were BCC and now we’re The Factory. Why? Because there’s a history of research and innovation attached to the building we work from. Our building was once an actual Dairy Factory, way back in 1926. Since then it’s been a place that not only created great dairy products but also served as a centre for research, and innovation.
In 2004, it became the Bio-Commerce Centre to help bridge the gaps between the bright ideas coming out of the University and the thriving business community. Soon this became BCC as we further developed into what is The Factory today.
We’re a place to help support entrepreneurs and grow businesses, a headquarters for our various programmes and a co-working space to meet, work and collaborate.